The University of Derby is focused on developing our student’s employability which is why we have the ninth highest employment rate in England. Our Careers + Employment Services supports you throughout your degree and after you graduate.
Applying for jobs
Our Careers + Employment Service provides you with advice on how to excel at every stage of the application process.
- Create the best CV
- Write a great covering letter
- Complete an application form and make online job applications
- Make speculative applications
- Impress at an interview
- Be successful at assessment centres
- Perform to your best potential in employers’ recruitment tests by practising a range of psychometric tests.
Part time work
Non EU students please read the requirements for working in the UK both during and after your study, before applying for any positions. By registering with the Careers + Employment Service you will be informed of a wide range of part time job opportunities both in Derby and Buxton.
Workshops and events
Throughout the year the Student Employment Agency organise workshops and events which help our students develop their employability skills. For example, workshops on interviews help to give confidence and provide helpful tips on how to succeed at interview.
Choosing a career path
The Careers + Employment Service helps you choose the right career path:
- Recognise the career options within your degree.
- Read about recent national employment trends from your subject area in the latest edition of What do graduates do?
- Explore graduate careers that you are interested in.
- Understand yourself and your suitable career choices.
- Find out about becoming self-employed.
The Careers + Employment Service also informs students of volunteering opportunities at the University of Derby. Many employers are interested in students and graduates with volunteering experience.