Canadian link guy, JM Heinrichs sent me this video of Prime Minister Stephen Harper, clearly showing that Canada has got talent in the singing politician stakes. But how well does Canada stack up against the rest of us?
Pretty well as it turns out – perhaps only Berlusconi and Jong il might give him a run for his money – though few can dance in a leather miniskirt quite as well as Australian PM, Julia Gillard. As for the worst of all – do yourself a dis-service and check out the video of former Australian PM, Bob Hawke, and then of course, there’s Peter Garrett…
Here is the most exhaustive list of singing politicians I could compile, but I welcome any additions in comments:
- Australian Prime Minister, Julia Gillard (back up singer)
- Barack Obama.
- Vladimir Putin. (Requires patience)
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
- Former Japanese Prime Minister, Koizumi.
- Bill Clinton.
- Italian PM Berlusconi.
- Various French politicians.
- Former Thailand Prime Minister, Samak Sundaravej.
- Current Thai PM, Abhisit Vejjajiva.
- Peter Garrett, Australian Minister for the Arts. (NB Contrary to popular belief, this NSFW song is not byPeter Garrett.)
- Former UK PM, Gordon Brown.
- Former Australian PM, Kevin Rudd.
- Former Australian PM, Bob Hawke.
- Hillary Clinton.
- Former Australian Foreign Minister, Alexander Downer.
- John Howard.
- George W Bush and Tony Blair (duet).
- George W Bush (solo)
- Tony Blair (solo)
- Kim Jong il.