A blog about Thai Politics and the insurgency in Southern Thailand
- Southeast Asia
- The main purpose of this blog is to post on issues related to Thai politics and primarily the situation in the Deep South. Blog posts have been quoted or cited in various newspapers/media outlets including the ABC, Asia Times, Bangkok Post, BBC, Christian Science Monitor, CJR, Deutsche Presse-Agentur, IPS, Malaysia Star, NPR, Matichon, Prachatai, Straits Times, The Age, The Australian, and The Guardian. Bangkok Pundit has also been cited in the following journal articles/papers: "Thailand in 2011" by C Dalpino; and "The Necessity of Enemies in Thailand's Troubled Politics" by P Chachavalpongpun; "Thai politics as reality TV" by D McCargo (PDF).
- Moody’s, rice pledging and the Thai govt’s communication crisis – Pt 2
- Moody's, rice pledging and the Thai govt's communication crisis - Pt 1
- Protests in Turkey, the military & the elite: How it compares to Thailand - Part 1
- Thai anti-government group's bizarre open letter
- Thai Senator 'accidentally' kills woman with pistol
- Thai military accused of trafficking, shooting Rohingya
- Thailand: Will the Yingluck government face a public debt crisis?
- What is the problem in Thailand’s Deep South?
- Bloomberg on the pros and cons of the rice pledging scheme
- Has Thailand's rice pledging scheme cost 260 billion baht?
- Can you tell the difference between Not The Nation and The Nation?
- Is Thaksin's return to Thailand imminent?
- Will the Thai parliament delay the third reading of the constitutional amendments?
- The environmental problems at Map Ta Phut
- Thaksin's New Book Which No one Knows About.... UPDATE
- Lese Majeste : Similiar to Libel and Defamation?
- Military Want More Money
- Liberal Royalists vs Conservative Authoritarianism
- Thai Film Industry
- Thai Baht hits 13 year high against the USD