Help with your visa applicationBy University of Derby Feb 23, 2013 12:08AM UTC
When you apply to be a student at the University of Derby and you have paid 50% of your fees as a deposit we will issue your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) which you will need in order to apply for your tier 4 visa. This process can seem scary, however the university is here to help you. We have a dedicated Visa specialist, Ash Slater, who is available to help you with the application process. You can contact Ash directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to help you with your application we have created a list of points to explain the process and to help you with your application.
To obtain your tier 4 visa for the University of Derby you must:
- Prepare your financial documents. Before you apply for your visa you need to ensure that you have the appropriate level of funds in your bank account for 28 consecutive days.
- Complete the Entry Clearance application form and gather all necessary supporting documents.
- You must have your CAS which we will have issued you with once you have paid at least 50% of your fees.
- Once you have your CAS, check it to make sure the information on it is correct.
- Submit your completed application online or at your nearest visa application centre.
- The cost of your student visa will depend on which country you are applying from.
- For a full list of documents you may be required to produce click here.
- The Admissions team (or Research Office for PhD students) will issue your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS). Make sure they have your correct details (name, passport number etc).
- Your CAS will list the documents we have seen to accept you on the course at the University of Derby (qualification certificates, English language test reports). These can be found under ‘Evidence used to obtain offer’ and must be submitted with your visa application.
Our website also has several pages with helpful information about visas:
These links will provide you with further information about the application process and also some of the conditions attached to your visa.
Remember that if you have any further questions about obtaining your student visa you can contact our visa specialist, Ash at email@example.com.