Soft-centered chocolate cake, strawberry coulis and caramelized pistachiosBy Le Cordon Bleu Australia Feb 15, 2013 12:54AM UTC
Le Cordon Bleu News, 02/13/2013
About this recipe
This molten chocolate dessert is the ultimate in decadence to impress your loved one this Valentine’s day.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
In this recipe:
6 x 4.5 cm diameter x 4.5 cm high molds Caramelized pistachios 50 g sugar 50 g shelled unsalted pistachios Strawberry coulis 100 g strawberries, hulled 20 ml water 30 g sugar Soft-centered chocolate cake 150 g dark chocolate, chopped 150 g butter 3 eggs 4 egg yolks 150 g powdered sugar 45 g flour 45 g unsweetened cocoa powder – - – - – - – - – - – unsweetened cocoa powder for the molds Decoration powdered sugar 125 g strawberries, hulled and cut into two
- Caramelized pistachios: Place the sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Do not stir. Once a golden caramel color is obtained, remove from heat. Using a toothpick, dip the pistachios and coat lightly in caramel. Set aside to dry on parchment paper removing the toothpick (being careful not to touch the hot caramel).
- Strawberry coulis: In a food processor or with a hand blender, purée the strawberries, water and sugar, and then strain through a fine china cap sieve. Refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 180?C.
- Soft centered chocolate cake: Line molds with parchment paper. Place a disk of parchment paper the size of the molds in the bottom of each one and a double-thick band of paper to stand 3 cm above the rim of the molds. Dust with unsweetened cocoa powder. Melt the chocolate over a saucepan of simmering water (bain-marie). Remove from heat, add butter and mix well. Whisk the eggs and egg yolks and strain through a fine china cap sieve into the chocolate mixture, stir to combine. Sift the sugar, flour and unsweetened cocoa powder into the chocolate mixture, stir to combine. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a large plain tip and fill the prepared molds. Bake in the oven until the tops are set and coming away from the sides, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- To serve: Unmold the warm soft centered chocolate cake and carefully remove the paper. Arrange in center of a plate, dust with powdered sugar and top with caramelized pistachios. Decorate with strawberry halves and strawberry coulis to your taste.
Find out more…
Sautéed beef tenderloin, butternut squash purée and Brussels sprouts with hazelnut vinaigrette
Create a delicious and memorable meal with this month’s selection from Le Cordon Bleu. This beef tenderloin with a quick red wine sauce will leave a lasting impression!
Shortbread with Jazz apple and Manuka honey, yogurt cream and sorbet
Discover the famous Manuka honey which is produced by bees feeding on the very floral white flowers of the Manuka tree. This honey has long been enjoyed by the Maoris, not only for its flavor but also for its medicinal qualities.
Leek and orange soup, grilled scallops
Leek and citrus pair especially well together in this month’s featured soup. Garnished with scallops and orange segments; this dish is hearty and perfect for the month of December.
Chocolate genoa cake with creamy chocolate and berries
Chocolate Genoa cake with creamy chocolate made from a crème anglaise served with Chantilly cream is sure to impress. This dessert is both decadent and delicious. Even better, each component is simple to make!
Soft-centered chocolate cake, strawberry coulis and caramelized pistachios by Le Cordon Bleu International BV, all rights reserved
See the original post -