Most-read naver.com articles of the week — January 20, 2013By Nathan Schwartzman Jan 20, 2013 2:31PM UTC
1. The most-viewed story of the week was about an ice-fishing festival.
2. Noh Yeong-dae, who escaped from a police station while being held over sexual assault allegations, was re-arrested after five days.
3. A police officer in Ulsan used the popular IM program KakaoTalk to prevent two people from committing suicide.
4. Supposedly a clear image of a UFO was captured on camera.
5. MBC fired reporter Lee Sang-ho over issues stemming from an interview with Kim Jong-nam, the son of Kim Jong-il who was once thought to be the heir apparent.
6. A principal in Gangnam illegally hired relatives as teachers.
7. A deaf person, who supposedly caused a ruckus, was forced to get off of a train and then fell onto the tracks and died when attempting to re-board.
8. 4Four in 10 people in their twenties are out of work, the highest unemployment rate among that age group in nearly 30 years.
9. With tigers and leopards being extinct in the wild in Korea, martens have been enjoying life free of major predators, reaching record weights.
10. A 42-year-old Mr. Park exploded in anger when an appeals court declined to overturn his 13-year sentence for murder, which he called “a joke”.