Most-read Naver.com articles of the week – January 6, 2013By Nathan Schwartzman Jan 06, 2013 12:38PM UTC
Original list in Korean is at this link.
Top 10 in society:
1. The “joyful evangelist” Hwang-su-gwan passed away of septicemia.
2. A TV report looking at the long hours and low pay of delivery drivers.
3. A middle-aged woman was kidnapped and sexually assaulted by an unknown man.
4. 60,000 teenagers drop out of school every year, and one reporter took a close look at why one girl ran away from home and quit school at the age of 14.
5. Park Gui-seop, the husband of the woman murdered in Junggok-dong last year by a repeat sex offender who was wearing an ankle break, spoke with a reporter about the case and his desire to see the killer executed rather than serve a life sentence.
6. A TV channel may have broken the law by broadcasting security camera footage of “yoga master” Choi Gap-bok’s prison break. He contorted his body through the food tray of his cell door while guards were sleeping.
7. 18 cows being raised in Cheonan died of alcohol poisoning from improperly prepared feed.
8. A woman in Gwangju was arrested on suspicion of hitting her husband while driving drunk. His broken bones are expected to take 14 weeks to heal.
9. A man who spent two years in The Philippines searching for his missing son committed suicide by drinking pesticide.
10. A look at the skills college students believe to be most necessary to land a job in a big company.