Interested in Nursing at SOUTHBANK INSTITUTE of TECHNOLOGY?By Southbank Institute of Technology Jun 27, 2012 10:56AM UTC
Kickstart your career now in Nursing with SOUTHBANK INSTITUTE of TECHNOLOGY.
Do you love to care for and work directly with people?
Then our Diploma of Nursing course could be the right choice for you. Professional nurses can work in a variety of health-care organisations and community settings, with many specialties to choose from. Obtaining a nursing qualification opens up excellent opportunities for travel and flexible working hours, and nurse practitioners are usually in demand even during economic instability.
At Southbank Institute of Technology (SBIT) you will learn in a simulated clinical ward with state-of-the-art equipment. You’ll maximise your skills with weekly clinical placements putting everything you learn into practice in a real nursing environment.
The Diploma of Nursing will develop your skills in:
• Implementing nursing care
• Implementing and evaluating nursing care plans
• Working with a variety of patients, co-workers and communities
• Monitoring medical and surgical patients
• Complying with infection control procedures
• Understanding and implementing Occupational Health and Safety
This program is designed by the Nursing industry to prepare students for employment as an:
• Enrolled Nurse (EN)
• Registered Nurse (after further study to obtain a nursing degree qualification)
Southbank Institute of Technology has links with 4 universities so you can pathway through to one of their Bachelor of Nursing programs:
- Queensland University of Technology – Bachelor of Nursing
- Griffith University – Bachelor of Nursing
- University of Southern Queensland – Bachelor of Nursing
- Australian Catholic University - Bachelor of Nursing
This means you can benefit from pathways to university and gain credtis to a higher education qualification. In taking this route you will learn practical skills combined with theoretical and practical knowledge that will hold great appeal to potential employers. Another major advantage is that you could work as a professional enrolled nurse after just 18 months while studying for your degree or further qualifications.
Contact us now for more information or jump onto Southbank Institute of Technology’s website to enrol.