Not exactly original, is it?By Newman University College Mar 01, 2011 6:08PM UTC
- How To Write a Personal Statement, giving you some idea about what we’re looking for
- The city that we’re based in – Birmingham – what it’s like, how to get here, and the surrounding area, including famous places like Stratford upon Avon – birthplace of Shakespeare
- Stuff going on at the University College like our Fairtrade Fortnight and Climate week
- Tips about everything from study to travel
- Different perspectives – from staff and students
- UK qualifications and the different types – what’s the difference between a BA and BSc?
- Visas and how the new fee regime in the UK will affect you (it won’t but there has been some confusion)
- Careers advice and getting a job
- Links to website that should help you when researching overseas study and your options
- Guest blogs from my colleagues
“This is a new blog, and I’m new to blogging”. How many times has that been written in the blogosphere? Just because it’s true doesn’t make it front page news. It doesn’t excuse me from writing a bad or a boring blog just because it’s my first time either. Hopefully, you won’t find it boring or bad. You may even let me know what you think about the blog as we go along.
It’s not really all about me
I’m the Head of the International Office at Newman University College and I’ve been with Newman University College since September last year. Before that I worked in another big university’s international office. All in all, I’ve worked with international students for nearly 7 years, and been fortunate enough to travel to some fantastic places and meet some wonderful people.
What’s it all about?
You should find over the next few months the information that I’ll be sharing will be useful on your journey towards studying in the UK – or even just making up your mind about whether to study overseas.
A lot of what I say will be relevant whether or not you choose to study at Newman University College, in the same city, in the UK, or somewhere else in the world.
What am I going to talk about over the coming months?
I hope to be covering topics which are of interest to you as a student thinking about university in the UK. Here are just a few:
I’ll be asking you questions too and if you send me some queries of your own I may be able to dedicate some blogs to answering them
All in all you should fine the coming blogs useful, informative and even entertaining.
In the meantime, if you have any suggestions on what you’d like me to talk about over the coming months, comment on the post, drop me an e-mail (email@example.com) or contact me via Facebook (Rhian Dobbs, Newman).