Most-read Naver.com articles of the week – January 16, 2011By Nathan Schwartzman Jan 16, 2011 9:10AM UTC
1. How to tell if your Windows computer is male or female (see here in English).
2. You might remember the story last year in which a very drunken woman bit off the ear of a female police officer. This week she was in an appellate court, where she wept and apologized. She was sentenced to 10 months in prison, and the victim and prosecutors appealed to ask for a three year sentence. The decision comes down on the 28th.
3. A horrifying scene played out in Gyeonggi-do as hundreds of pigs, screaming in terror, were shoveled into a mass grave. The slaughter was carried out in response to an outbreak of hoof and mouth disease.
4. There’s a trend in Gangnam for kids to go to hagwon with little wheeled suitcases instead of backpacks.
5. A student at KAIST committed suicide.
6. An article on how Noh Hong-cheol is doing in the military.
7. A bus driver was sentenced to six months in prison and two years of probation for inadvertently causing injury to a disabled male student while he (the driver) attempted to pry him off of a female student whom he was sexually molesting. Keep it in mind – in Korea, don’t get involved in an altercation no matter how in the right you may be.
8. The suspect in a series of sexual assaults on a university campus in Incheon was arrested.
9. A man in Seoul was arrested on charges of robbing middle and high school students of their Northface jackets.
10. Competition in the legal industry continued to intensify as the country now has over 10,000 lawyers.