Winners of the Philippine Blog Awards 2010By Tonyo Cruz Dec 13, 2010 1:41AM UTC
Applause and cheers greeted winners of this year’s Philippine Blog Awards who were named as the best by their peers in ceremonies held December 12 at the RCBC Auditorium in Makati City.
Comedian and netizen Gabe Mercado hosted the event and started out the evening wearing only his pajamas and very comfortable slippers.
Undersecretary Manuel L. Quezon III delivered the keynote speech at the awards.
Adjudged and hailed as the country’s best blogs for 2010 were:
- Sports: Filipino Boxing Journal
- Gaming: Back2Gaming
- Hobby and recreation: Back2Gaming
- Culture and Arts: Anik-Anik Love
- Literary and literature: .: citybuoy :. is still floating
- Blog in design: The Reluctant Stylista
- Filipiniana: My Sarisari Store
- Fashion and beauty: The Reluctant Stylista
- Videocast and podcast: pinoy how to
- Entertainment: WITHOUT WANG²
- Lifestyle: The Creative Dork
- Humor: The Professional Heckler
- Travel: Just Wandering
- Food and beverage: Happy Foodies
- Business: Ready To Be Rich
- Photo: gerryruiz photoblog
- Technology: My Silly Point of View
- Home and parenting: iMom
- Society, politics and history: The Pro Pinoy Project
- Advocacy: Web Safety Philippines
- Personal: Yoshke.com
- Blog Post of the Year: Do they read blog posts in heaven?
- Bloggers Choice: chiksilog
- Readers Choice: GreenArchers.ph
[The list would be updated as soon as I get the other winners in some other categories.]
The national awards handed out by the PBA caps its award-giving season for 2010.
Late last month, the PBA Visayas edition handed out trophies to the seven best Visayas blogs, immediately after the Visayas Blogging Summit.
Winners in the PBA Mindanao edition were honored last October after the Mindanao Blogging Summit.
The Philippine blogging award season ends next week with the handing out of the Pinoy Expat/OFW Blog Awards.