MANILA, Philippines (AP) — A confidential Philippine police report says a captured Abu Sayyaf commander has told investigators that a top Southeast Asian terror suspect, who the military reported was killed in a U.S.-backed airstrike two years ago, is alive and being harbored by a hardline Muslim rebel group in the south.

The interrogation report, a copy of which was seen by The Associated Press on Wednesday, says Abu Sayyaf commander Khair Mundos acknowledged his group has fallen into disarray and now survives largely on extortion and kidnappings. Mundos was captured by police on June 11.

The report says Mundos told interrogators that he traveled last year to a Muslim rebel camp where here he met Marwan, a top Malaysian terror suspect, who the military reported was killed in a 2012 airstrike.