SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — High seas have prevented divers from searching for more bodies inside the sunken and deteriorating South Korean ferry.

Bad weather also halted searches over the weekend. Nearly a month after the ferry sank, 29 passengers remain missing, with 275 bodies recovered so far, most of them high school students.

Government task force spokesman Ko Myung-seok said the search was not resumed Monday because of high waves. Coast guard officials say the mission was further delayed because workers were restoring wires on a search barge that had been disconnected from an anchor.

Ko also says divers are having difficulty entering some rooms on the ferry because some waterlogged walls have partially collapsed.

Subscribe to Asian Correspondent

Receive our weekly round-up of the most important stories in Asia

We will never give away, trade or sell your email address. You can unsubscribe at any time.